The future of the UK’s economic and social well being will be determined by its ability to stimulate creative thinking that generates innovative new methods, systems and products. Effective partnering between government, industry and the research base is seen as a key enabler of this innovation. WaterR2B is one tool to help in that process of enabling researchers to work more closely with key end-users in industry, government and the third sector.
WaterR2B will be of interest to :
- Business looking for solution to their water related challenges
- Government policymakers and regulators looking for examples of good practice, and as guide to research expertise
- Third sector organisations looking for Case Studies that can educate their staff and inform their planning and operations.
- Research Council and BIS staff interested in seeing the final impact of research.
- Researchers – interested in raise the profile of their work, and in identifying potential research partners with complementary experience.
WaterR2B highlights the huge number of businesses that are benefitting from the UK’s past spending on water-related research. A rigorous economic analyses by PricewaterhouseCoopers estimated that for every £1.00 invested in water research, there is a return to the UK economy of at least £10.00. Even with this strong evidence of a high return on past investment, WaterR2B aims to facilitate even greater return. This will be achieved across the whole knowledge cycle – from fundamental blue skies high-risk high-impact research – through strategic challenge facing research – to highly applied research, demonstration and marketing – to final widespread uptake and sustainable company growth.