Announcement of Opportunity: Understanding of the Impacts of Hydrometeorological Hazards in South East Asia
Oct 11, 2017
Closing date (Notification of Intent): 16:00 GMT on 4 December 2017
Closing date (Full Proposals): 16:00 GMT on 21 February 2018
Proposals are invited to five research programmes to improve understanding of the impacts of hydrometeorological hazards, such as floods, droughts, landslides and storm surges, in Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand.
The calls are being launched in collaboration with the following countries and funding partners:
- Indonesia - The Ministry of Research, Technology & Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia (Ristekdikti), NERC and the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Philippines - The Department of Science & Technology's Philippine Council for Industry, Energy & Emerging Technology Research & Development (DOST- PCIEERD) and NERC
- Viet Nam - National Foundation for Science & Technology Development (NAFOSTED), NERC and ESRC
- Malaysia - Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE), NERC and ESRC
- Thailand - Thailand Research Fund (TRF), NERC and ESRC.
This collaboration is supported by the Newton Fund.
More information here.